Saturday, February 21, 2009

Basics, part 3

I keep a cooking journal. I don't know about you, but I think my brain worked a lot better before I had kids. I could remember everything. Now I feel like I can remember nothing. So, every time I experiment in the kitchen, I write down exactly what I did. I add notes about how it turned out, how much it made, what I would do differently next time, and I get family members to rate it. I used to ask for a rating on a scale of 1-10, but my husband would never rate anything lower than a 6, Then if I made it again, he would finally confess that he really didn't care for it the first time. So now I just use a scale of 1-5. And I ask him to be completely honest unless he wishes to eat things he doesn't like. I try to remain objective and not get my feelings hurt. He's not being mean when he doesn't like something. He just doesn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment